Re: EMACS Problem: File exists but cannot be read

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: EMACS Problem: File exists but cannot be read
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:42:08 +0200

Am 23.09.2007 um 20:17 schrieb Anne Kaeppes:

Why runs my emacs not correct since I have Debian ETCH?

Probably this is not an ETCH problem – the same happens to me when I try to read some other user's files I am not allowed to (UNIX file permissions set to 640 or -rw-r-----). This also works when the directory with the file is 'read protected' (UNIX file permissions set to 751 or drwxr-x--x – I can search and even cd, but not read).

Can you describe some details? With the help of dired?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Globalisation -- communism from above.