RE: funcallable-p?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: funcallable-p?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:41:45 -0700

> >> Indeed you're right.  I think it's an error in functionp.
> >> Please report it via M-x report-emacs-bug.
>
> > I'm not sure what the error is. That is, I don't know what the intended
> > design is or why. The behavior seems to correspond correctly to
> > the doc, so I don't know what the bug would be.
>
> The error is that functionp does not provide what you want.

I see. I can file a bug saying that it does not provide what I want, but was
it supposed to? I don't know what the intention was. Going by the doc, the
implementation seems correct.

So, should fboundp be fixed to be, in effect, funcallable, or should a new
function, `funcallablep' (or whatever) created for that?