Re: missing fonts?

From: rahed
Subject: Re: missing fonts?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:24:25 +0200

> Launch GNU Emacs with --debug-init to get a clearer information of
> what failed in *Backtrace* buffer.

There is no *Backtrace* buffer after launching Emacs in a debugging
mode. Only *Scratch* and *Messages*.

> Coud be Solaris <whatsoever> is not providing some fonts because
> either some package was not installed or you are using a faulty X11
> font path value. 'xset q' will print its value. Then check whether
> there are more directories that contain usable fonts (for example the
> Lucida fonts in Java!). Prepare these directories with mkfontdir/
> mkfontscale, add these directories to your font path (~/.xinitrc is
> good place) and either relaunch X11 or correct font path in some
> shell and run 'xset fp rehash'. Then see again what GNU Emacs is
> telling you.

I checked font paths with another boxes which run Emacs smoothly and see
no differences.

> Check also which packages you haven't installed yet.

I hope I installed all as recommended at sunfreeware. Which package
should be checked regarding this error?

Thanks.

--
Radek