Re: Advanced Inheriting when Customizing Faces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Advanced Inheriting when Customizing Faces
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:37:42 +0300

> From: =?iso-8859-1?B?Tm9yZGz2dw==?= <per.nordlow@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 09:10:07 -0000
>
> On 6 Aug, 10:56, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > > From: =?iso-8859-1?B?Tm9yZGz2dw==?= <per.nord...@gmail.com>
> > > Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 01:31:38 -0700
> >
> > > How do I customize a face to be boxed with the foreground of a another
> > > face, in my case cursor face?
> >
> > Inherit from the cursor face (by checking the check-box "Inherit" and
> > inserting the cursor face name), and then check the check-box "Box
> > around text".
> >
> > Is that what you wanted?  If not, why not?
>
> Doing this does not make the "Box around text"-color in my new face be
> the background color of cursor-face.

Sorry, it sounds like I didn't understand what you want.  Which parts
of the face do you want to be in the color of the cursor?  You said
"foreground" originally, but now it looks like you want the box itself
(which by default inherits the background color) to have that color.

If you do what I suggested above, and in addition check the check-box
"Inverse-video" and set its value to ON, do you get the desired
effect?