Re: auto wrapping in latex mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: auto wrapping in latex mode
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 09:31:36 +0200

Snail <yiyung@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question in using emacs as a latex mode, espeically auto
> wrapping.
>
> I have used emacs for my latex editting, and used alt-q for auto
> wrapping.
> A nice feature this auto wrapping is that when I use
> \begin{something}
> \end{something},
> then those blocks are not auto wrapped, which I like. However,
> obviously if I make my own commands using \recommand or something,
> e.g., \beq for \begin{eqnarray}, then it's auto wrapped.

Why would you do that?
C-c C-e eqn TAB RET
inserts both opening and closing lines with proper indentation.

> What kind of file and how do I have to edit to prevent auto wrapping
> of my own command, e.g., \beq?

eqnarray sucks, anyway (it does not even manage to keep the equation
number out of the equations).  You should be using the constructs
provided by amsmath.sty (documentation in amsldoc.dvi or equivalent).
And those don't even _work_ with those kinds of abbreviations.