printing with dark background and faces

From: Allan Gottlieb
Subject: printing with dark background and faces
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 17:28:59 -0400

I use a dark (actually black) background and like it, except for a
problem with printing.  Although I mainly encounter the problem with
gnus, I believe it is an emacs, rather than qnus, question so I am
asking it here.

The function in question is ps-print-buffer-with faces, which works
just as expected and produces a hard copy that resembles the screen.

The trouble is that white on black, which I like on the screen, is
quite bad on paper (and uses a lot of ink).  I know about
ps-print-without-faces, but sometimes the color is useful.

What I would like is to have the print look the way my screen would
look were I using a light background.  Any suggestions?

thanks,
allan