Re: network printing from a Mac OS X box

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: network printing from a Mac OS X box
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:33:15 +0100

>KY> Hello,
>KY> I am trying to figure out how to print to a network printer from a  Mac OS
>KY> X 10.4 machine. Anybody got an advice?

Set the network printer as default printer using the System preferences. Or
use the lpoptions command.  With the lpoptions command you can also check
what the default printer is.

Of course you can also set the printer name with an emacs option, but then
you have to find the exact name of the printer. With system preferences it
may be easier to find. The command lpstat -a will give you a list of all
printers.

After that you should be able to use the print commands from the File menu.
The CUPS system should take care of the necessary processing.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet@vanoostrum.org