Re: modeline colors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: modeline colors
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:10:13 +0200

> From: Eli Barzilay <eli@barzilay.org>
> Date: 28 Nov 2006 16:00:04 -0500
> > >
> > > If I put this (and only this) in my .emacs:
> > >
> > >   (set-face-background 'modeline "red")
> > >   (set-face-background 'default "blue4")
> > >
> > > I get a modeline with the default color.  After Emacs has already
> > > started, evaluating that first line again produces the expected
> > > result.  Is this some corner case bug?
> >
> > M-x customize-face RET mode-line
>
> This, as expected, does not solve the problem.

You mean, if you customize the mode-line colors as you wish them to
be, then save the customizations for the future sessions, and restart
Emacs, the mode line again comes up with default colors?

I can understand why set-face-background doesn't work in your .emacs:
when Emacs processes those lines, the modeline face does not yet
exist; you could fix that by, e.g., creating it with make-face.  But
saving customizations with M-x customize should solve that problem (in
a different way), so I'm puzzled by ``does not solve the problem''.