Serach and replace in all buffers

From: AndyJB (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Serach and replace in all buffers
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:57:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Is there a way of searching and replacing across all open buffers? I know you can use a tags file to search across multiple files but that's not quite what I'm looking for - it's inconvenient having to regenerate the tags file all the time (why oh why isn't that automatic?) and doesn't necessarily correspond to which files are currently open.

Thanks

Andy

Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.