Re: alternative to ECB

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: alternative to ECB
Date: 19 Dec 2005 10:49:43 +0100

On 15 Dec 2005, joerg schuster wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I am looking for a kind of IDE for emacs. It should at least be able to
>  deal with C and C++.
>  I am aware of ECB (emacs code browser). I do like its design, but it is
>  so slow that it cannot be used with really large projects.

Could you please be a little bit more specific? Which operations are "so slow",
what are you doing? Is it slow in opening files, in parsing files or what is
slow?

Please also remember that ECB is the "displayor" of parsing informations! The
parsing-job is done completely by the cedet-tools - maybe the problem lies
there, but to find this out we need details...

>  Is there another package of this kind? Or is it possible to leave away
>  part of ecb's functionality in order to make it faster?

Probably yes, but for this i need some more details....

In general is it a smart move to send a problem report to either the
ECB-mailing-list or/and the cedet-mailing-list - see the docu...

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de