Re: emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:04:02 +0100

Am 23.11.2005 um 22:34 schrieb tvtel24933@tvtel.pt:

I've just installed emacs in my "Caixa mágica" (linux) and I don't know how to launch it. I've tried in the terminal type "emacs" but it tells that emacs is
not a command. Can you help me?

When you're working with csh or tcsh, you need a rehash in terminal.

If the emacs binary (programme) still is not found on the command line, you have to determine where it has been installed and then add the path to this directory to either the path (csh, tcsh) or the PATH (sh, bash, ksh) environment variables.

Or create an alias that points to the programme!

--
Greetings

  Pete

"They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me."