Re: Emacs python-mode on windoes

From: martin
Subject: Re: Emacs python-mode on windoes
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:20:20 +0100

"c" == chrislowe87  <chrislowe87@yahoo.com.au> writes:
 c> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
 c> Date: 17 Nov 2005 18:35:59 -0800
 c> Organization: http://groups.google.com
 c>
 c> Hi
 c> I am new to emacs and I was woundering how to go about installing
 c> python-mode in emacs for windows. As most the information I have found
 c> is about installing emacs python-mode on llinux.

hi,

i don't know python-mode, but i'm sure you will find the installation
instructions within the source code. They may sound like this:

- put the source code somewhere in your "load-path"
  (a lisp variable, you may look at its value by C-h v load-path RET,
  site-lisp is the best choice usually)

- put a line like (require (quote python-mode)) into your .emacs file

- execute the command python-mode when you load your source file into
  emacs possibly by some automatism (customizing the variable auto-mode-alist)

- byte compile the source code to make it faster

- ....

no difference on linux and windows presumably.

there is much to learn all the time using emacs.

have fun.

martin

 c>
 c> Thanks for any help