Re: No copy-rectangle-as-kill?

From: Holger Sparr
Subject: Re: No copy-rectangle-as-kill?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:47:40 +0200

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005, susudata@setidava.kushan.aa wrote:
> Am I overlooking something, or is there no command in Emacs to copy a
> rectangle into the last killed rectangle "special place" without also
> removing it from the current buffer?  I gotta tell y'all, XEmacs has
> better rectangle support than Emacs. ;)

There is also rect-mark.el .

The commentary section tells:

;; You can also kill or copy rectangles onto the kill ring which is
;; convenient for yanking rectangles into ordinary buffers (i.e.  ones
;; not in picture mode) and for pasting rectangles into other window
;; system programs (e.g. xterm).  These keys are by default bound to
;; `C-x r C-w' and `C-x r M-w' by analogy to the normal kill and copy
;; counterparts.