Re: w3m on NT Emacs

From: Gustaf Erikson
Subject: Re: w3m on NT Emacs
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:51:45 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I forward your message posted to the gnu.emacs.help newsgroup
> (or possibly help-gnu-emacs <at> gnu.org?) to the emacs-w3m
> community.

Thanks, but I figured it out. It was a case of windows permissions.

The cygwin path "/usr/local/bin" (where w3m.exe lives) maps to
"c:\cygwin\usr\local\bin", but "/usr/bin" is actually
"c:\cygwin\bin". After I added the latter to `exec-path' I got w3m
working. Maybe it calls some ncurses stuff that lives in /usr/bin.

Anyway, I'm sorted now. I'll see if I can try to track down exactly
where this stuff is set; right now I have the Windows PATH variable
set too.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson * mobile 0733387618 * http://gustaf.symbiandiaries.com/weblog

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
                                -- Charlie McCarthy (via fortune)