Re: is there any hook like switch-buffer-hook or change-buffer-hook?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: is there any hook like switch-buffer-hook or change-buffer-hook?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:18:00 GMT

> i want to do something when i switch among buffers, but i don't find
> variable like switch-buffer-hook or change-buffer-hook.

I suspect that you don't really understand what is "a buffer
switch" seen from elisp's point of view (i.e. that you have your own idea
of what is a "buffer switch" but that Emacs would have to read your mind
in order to know when those things happen and when they don't).

So could you explain exactly what you want to do?

        Stefan