Re: xml encoding conflict with my defult emacs language configuartion

From: niDapeng
Subject: Re: xml encoding conflict with my defult emacs language configuartion
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:16:07 +0800 (CST)

I guess my English isn't good enough to explain my question exactly.
My emacs is Windows version 21.3.1. And you needn't try to guess my emacs
setting from my email encoding, becuase I didn't use Emacs as my email client:)
My .emacs has such settting:
(set-language-environment 'Chinese-GB)
(set-clipboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit) ;euc-cn
(set-terminal-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-buffer-file-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-selection-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(setq-default pathname-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)

(modify-coding-system-alist 'process "*" 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(setq default-process-coding-system '(chinese-iso-8bit . chinese-iso-8bit))

I use XAE to create a docbook XML file, and input Chinese words. When I save,
message pop up like my last mail. I guess the reason is : my buffer file is
GB2312 encoding, but emacs try to save it as UTF-8, and emacs can't convert
GB2312 Chinese words to UTF-8 automatically. So emacs ask if I want to save
forcedly .

BTW, my another mail, about "Redo" function. My mean is when I do more "undo",
I can't use "redo" function to "undo" last time "undo":). I do think it's
common request for an editor. but why emacs hasn't accept "redo" as default
command.

Thanks your kindly reply!
Best

ÍæÓÎÏ·Ó®ÊýÂëÏà»ú¡¢MP3¡¢UÅÌ