Re: mp3play.el 0.6.3, a front-end for mpg321

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mp3play.el 0.6.3, a front-end for mpg321
Date: 21 May 2003 20:44:30 -0400

> ;; My main concern is the CPU usage of emacs when playing a mp3
> ;; (between 0.5% and 2%) due to the huge quantity of "@F" lines mpg321
> ;; sends. We have to deal with them to be able to detect when an mp3
> ;; is over, so that a new one can start in automatic mode (and also to
> ;; detect pause and various stuff).

You can try running "mpg321 -R dummy | grep -v '^@F'" so that
Emacs is not bothered by the other lines.

>       (add-text-properties (match-beginning 1) (match-end 1) '(invisible t))

So it does seem like you use text-properties for invisibility.
One possible reason why the invisible property might get lost when
you copy things around is because of yank-excluded-properties, but
that's an Emacs-CVS thing and that's only if you use kill&yank.

        Stefan