Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 15:41:31 GMT

In article <060520030745372240%jerrykindall@nospam.invalid>,
Jerry Kindall  <usenet@jerrykindall.com> wrote:
>No, you've got it backwards.  When you launch Emacs, you tell your Mac
>"I want to travel to Emacs-land" and implicitly accept its foreign
>customs.

So when you launch Internet Explorer, do you expect it to look like it does
on Windows?

One difference, though, is that Emacs is significantly older than either of
these GUIs.  Also, Emacs is pretty much defined by its UI; if it adopted
the UI of the surrounding environment, it wouldn't really be the same
editor.  It would be like Bozo the Clown visiting the Middle East and
putting on a turban -- his hair is his trademark.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA