Re: Emacs and Colors and RedHat

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Emacs and Colors and RedHat
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 16:49:35 -0600

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wrote:

At work we are being forced to move from Slackware to Redhat.  Aside
from the fact that backspace and delete stopped working, the biggest
problem for me is that emacs suddenly has all these colors that make it
unsuable.
Does *anyone* know how to turn this off so that I can go back to a
readable screen with emacs?

You haven't said what version of Emacs you were used to and what version
you're running now, what major mode you're using (what kind of files you're
editing), what minor modes are in effect, what operations you're performing,
or precisely what is being displayed.

`M-x crystal-ball' reports:

Try `C-u 0 M-x global-font-lock-mode' to turn Global Font Lock mode off.
Try `M-x list-faces-display' to display faces and customize their attributes.