Re: upgrade

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: upgrade
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:16:14 +0200

"Ivan Danicic" <ivand@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Hello Kai, I've done as you suggested. Now can run emacs I think,
> but without X-windows, which is no use. I notice that when running
> 'upgrade' it says "where do we find X-windows
> libraries.....NONE". Maybe I have the wrong download thing?

It seems you did something completely different than I suggested.  At
least than I wanted to suggest :-)
I didn't suggest to compile Emacs again, I think.

You have an existing, system-wide, Emacs.  You want that Emacs to use
your local rmailgen.el file.

Put the rmailgen.el file in the directory ~/lisp.  Then put the
following line in ~/.emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/lisp")

After that line, you can do whatever you usually need to do to get
rmailgen.el to work.  Maybe (require 'rmailgen) is sufficient, I
don't know.  I don't know that file.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)