Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!
Date: 03 Apr 2003 18:28:00 +1000

"R. Readi" <no@spam.de> writes:

> I liked Emacs very much, it was almost my only editor, and now I see an
> awfull GUI with a stupic JPEG picture and icons, and with an annoying
> blinking cursor. As I loaded it in my new server without X, it loaded
> jpeg as dependency, why the hell this?
>
> Is there any purist version of Emacs for the old Emacs fans?
>
> Rodrigo
> scire_AT_web.de

The first thing I did when moving to emacs 21 was finid out how to get
rid of the toolbar, the blinking cursor and rebuilt it without image
support. I now have emacs21 which looks similar to older emacs, but
with the nicer font-lock support, additional useful modes and
features.

>From memory, I think I found out all the info I needed either in the
etc/NEWS or etc/PROBLEMS file which come with the distribution and
used an argument to configure when building emacs to disable image
support.

Tim
--
Tim Cross