Re: Non-character input events

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: Non-character input events
Date: 25 Mar 2003 18:38:42 -0500

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

> > From: Joe Fineman <jcf@TheWorld.com>
> > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > Date: 23 Mar 2003 20:59:10 -0500
> >
> > > In general, when you need some information for writing ELisp, you
> > > should first look in the ELisp manual.  Type "i input events RET"
> > > when in that manual, and read the chapter you will land in.
> >
> > Which Elisp manual is that?  I have downloaded both the version 21.2
> > manual and the version 20.3 manual from the Gnu Web site, and each
> > contains only one bare mention of input events.
>
> The latest released version of ELisp manual is here:
>
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/elisp-manual-21-2.8.tar.gz

Thank you.  I am always interested in exploring the causes & limits of
my cluelessness, so I went back to the Web site to see how I had missed
that file.  As far as I can tell, it isn't mentioned.  How was I
supposed to find it without bothering busy people?
--
---  Joe Fineman    jcf@TheWorld.com

||:  A job is a slot in a machine for occupation by a human  :||
||:  being who would rather be elsewhere.                    :||