Re: RCS revert to previous version

From: Jhair Tocancipa Triana
Subject: Re: RCS revert to previous version
Date: 12 Oct 2002 11:51:07 +0200

Chris  writes:

   > Well, this command reverts the current buffer back to the state
   > when it was last checked out. Which can be handy, but is not what
   > I am looking for.

   > I open the document (1.8) and discover that I need to go back to
   > version 1.6. How best to do this? I can open 1.6 up using the
   > show-other-version command, but then I have to select everything
   > in the old display document and paste it "over" the new
   > document. It just seemed to me there must be a better way of
   > going back more than one revision.

Why do  you need  to copy/paste  the old display  document in  the new
document?

You  can just  do  a C-x  C-w to  save  the checked  out version  (say
document.txt.~1.6~) with the name of the document (i.e., document.txt).

Regards,

--
--Jhair

Public Key fingerprint = 81FF 3ADF BF6B CECB C593  4018 27AE D7D2 BAA6 00D0