AltGr (II)

From: Henk Vuijk
Subject: AltGr (II)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:43:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

It seems, that my question was not quite clear, so I try it again.

I would like to assign quite a few expressions, like '\k{e}' to an
'AltGr' + letter combination. AltGr is the right Alt-key. What is
should do is put '\k{e}' at the cursor in the text. (the printed from
through 'LaTeX' will show an 'e with ogonek'.
I need this because I write in 'LaTeX', sometimes a few languages in
one document and 'TeX' keeps this way the text very interchangable.

So I put '(global-key-set [(alt e)] "\k{e}") in .emacs.
In xemacs it works fine, even in emacs under X it works, but in emacs
on the terminal (a normal linux-pc text terminal) it does not! It only
puts an 'e' on the screen.

Is there a way to achieve this?? (I like to work on on a
'text-screen')

I am new to emacs, so if someone has an answer, please email it to me.

Thanks,
henk

---

*  *  -    System powered by  L I N U X    -  *  *