help-gnu-arch

[Help-gnu-arch] tricycle

From: Emmie Berg
Subject: [Help-gnu-arch] tricycle
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:30:03 +0300

Gradually being restored but used on road regularly. The bike was in exceptional condition when the older gentleman rolled it out of his garage for me to see. However have a local producer who can replicate the originals in black chrome. Horn, Carburetor, Diaphram, Wiper motor.
Koni shocks were fitted for increased rideability but the original Showas are in my posession as well. Front grill badge, and all lights are new old stock.
New old stock instruments and steering wheel, Restored dashboard panel. Note rear leaf springs. Gearshifter to push-pull selector through bulkhead.
The front disc brakers offer superior reliability in braking performance at high speeds. The current cans are stainless replacements of originals which due age rusted out.
Mine needs a carbie float bowl - help! Rubber matting was standard in the lower specification cars.
Koni shocks were fitted for increased rideability but the original Showas are in my posession as well. The current cans are stainless replacements of originals which due age rusted out. New Laminated windscreen.
However there are plenty of parts that are usable like the front rim and handle bars etc.
Lots of New Old Stock parts. Crossply tyres are bridgestone. This picture was from the E-Bay ad. If you have a similar machine or if you want to run it, just send me an email. If you have a similar machine or if you want to run it, just send me an email.
I am in sunny South Africa where the weather is perfect for bike riding. The pump forced lubrication system with two seperate filters enables the engine to move at such high speeds without under wear. Lots of New Old Stock parts. Had this one imported, it started second kick when pulled from the crate, two month old Japanese fuel and all. Mine needs a carbie float bowl - help!