help-gnu-arch

[Help-gnu-arch] mansion

From: Enoch Page
Subject: [Help-gnu-arch] mansion
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:09:57 -0700

Come at last, and he took Somers hand in a damp clasp. Blowed if I know, answered Jack, like a drunken man.
A pony walked on the sandsnuffing the sea-weed.
It was a kind of grief, a bitter, agonisedgrief for his fellow-men.
It was nearly one oclock when they reached Wyewurk.
Weve got to save the People, weve got to do it. Struthers, looking as if he were crouching to spring, glared back atthem from the platform.
On our being workers depends our being husbands and fathers andplaymates: nay, our being men. And it seemed like some far off voice of annunciation.
But so the boys were: such wonderful littleself-possessed creatures.
For example, dont you love me in your heart of hearts, onlyyou darent admit it!
Well have a Soviet, mates, and then we shall feel better about it.
Somerscould not detach his mind from the slight, yet pervading sickeningsmell.
The men drank a little whiskey, then sat silent for some time. It is just as naturalas lying with a woman. The jetty straddled its huge grey timbers, like a great bridge, acrossthe sands and the flat rocks. And his face hada faint spot of pink in the cheeks. He pressed it very silently, quietly, under histhigh, to wipe it on his trousers.
There was a crash, and the hall was like a bomb that has exploded.
Workers we are, mates, workers we must be, and workers we will be, andtheres the end of it.