help-gnu-arch

Re: [Help-gnu-arch] ssh support

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-arch] ssh support
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:47:39 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Philippe Faes <address@hidden>

    > I believe there is currently no support for the ssh protocol in
    > arch.  Are there any plans for supporting ssh? Would it require
    > a large effort to implement it?

Arch does support sftp which is a protocol layered over ssh, using an
ordinary ssh connection to initiate the protocol.   Most environments
where ssh is installed also have sftp enabled and, for those that
don't, it is easy either to enable system wide or for an individual
ssh user enable for personal use.

So, I'm not sure in what sense arch would "support ssh" beyond
the existing sftp support.   Did you have something else in mind?

-t