RE: GNAT not building from source since July 8th

From: Martin Yves
Subject: RE: GNAT not building from source since July 8th
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:22:35 +0000

Hello

Sorry but GNATS != GNAT Ada Compiler

According to https://www.adahome.com/Resources/Compilers/GNAT-info.html

you should report your trouble at gnat-request@cs.nyu.edu

Best regards

--

Yves Martin

From: Help-gnats <help-gnats-bounces+yves.martin=elca.ch@gnu.org> On Behalf Of Matt Godbolt
Sent: vendredi, 23 juillet 2021 14:24
To: help-gnats@gnu.org
Subject: GNAT not building from source since July 8th

I'm the administrator of Compiler Explorer, which has supported Ada through GNAT since 2018.  As part of the site's operation we build a trunk build of the GCC suite, including GNAT, every night.

Our builds have been failing for the last few weeks with:

s-osprim.adb:41:38: error: "Parameters" not declared in "System"
s-osprim.adb:42:21: error: "Parameters" not declared in "System"

during the GNAT build.

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know anything about the Ada community, so I'm asking here for help: apologies if this isn't the right place. We build the GCC suite with a fairly straightforward script: https://github.com/compiler-explorer/gcc-builder/blob/f5a81fae874a6d520b8137c912a18af0d2015f88/build/build.sh (note in the latest version of that file I've removed "ada" from the list of languages).

Any help gratefully received, for now we've just removed ada from the list which means we'll lose the daily build of GNAT, but going forward means we won't have new versions of GNAT when they're released.

Thanks in advance, Matt

PS I'm not subscribed to the list, so ensuring I'm CC'd on replies would be appreciated!

--

Matt

(he/him)