Re: Ugh... regexp.c problems now...

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Ugh... regexp.c problems now...
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:03:51 -0500

I've started working on a new local git branch for compilation clean-ups
(This is also my first dive into using git with CVS. Impressed so far.)
 I'm running into interesting cases where things such as `asprintf'
values are being thrown away (gnats/index.c and gnats/pr.c) where I need
to make decisions as to whether or not an error should throw a
`program_error()' or return NULL's.

(Compilation on Ubuntu 11.10 is certainly a different experience than
Debian Stable.)

My initial intent was to clean-up things as much as possible for the
`-Werror' compilation flag to be re-introduced. I'm do think this is a
wonderful goal, but I'm wondering if we shouldn't tackle it piece by piece.

We know that the `getdate' function has been improved in gnulib, perhaps
in a way that we can use it for GNATS. This will be branch number two
for me - and one I think I should focus on for now.

Let me know if you're interested in helping. I'll continue to commit
changes I'm confident in to CVS HEAD.  If you're interested in
converting the Savannah source repository to git, let me know.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>