Generated field on PR creation

From: Akos Csilling
Subject: Generated field on PR creation
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:04:08 +0200

Hello,

I would like to add a custom field to my GNATS installation that would contain the PR category and number in a given format. (This will be a URL to search an email archive).

I can specify an on-change directive to get what I need:

on-change {
    set-field "Last-Modified" { "%s" "$CurrentDate" }
    set-field "Search-URL" {

"http://server.my.domain/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=gnats+%s/%s&idxname=tech-archive";
        "Category" "Number"
    }
}

But this is only called upon first modification, not upon creation.

Is there a way to generate the same text as an initial value?

(We only use gnatsweb to access the database, no direct or email submission.)

Thanks a lot,

Akos
---
Dr. Akos Csilling <address@hidden>,  Systems Engineer