originator in GnatsWeb

From: Dieperink Alwin
Subject: originator in GnatsWeb
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:02:21 +0200

Hello,

I think there is a problem with the originator field in GnatsWeb. If you
don't fill in the field at PR creation time, GnatsWeb automatically sets the
value to the Reporter's e-mail. If you then search with checking the
"Originated by you" flag, it doesn't return any PR as the search is
performed with "originator=username". In our case, the username is
completely different from the email.

What should be the correct behaviour around this field in GnatsWeb ?

Regards,
-- Alwin