Conditional "on-change" does not work for "require-change-reason"

From: Alexander Mueller
Subject: Conditional "on-change" does not work for "require-change-reason"
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:57:57 +0100

Hi,

I'm using gnats 4.01 and have encountered a strange problem
concerning the "on-change" section. Using a query expression
to make the execution of the actions contained in an "on-change"
section conditional works just fine, except for the "require-
change-reason" action. No matter whether the query expression
is true or false the "require-change-reason" action is always
executed, while for other actions contained in the same "on-
change" section the result of the evaluation of the query
expression is correctly taken into account.

Here's an example:

    on-change "State[type]!=\"closed\"" {

        require-change-reason     <---- always executed

        set-field "Foo" {         <---- executed if query
            "Bar"                       expression is true
        }
    }

I've already skimmed the relevant parts of the sources
but couldn't find any particular reason for my problem.
Any advice? Please be benignant because I'm new to
gnats ;-)

Cheers,

Alexander Mueller