Debian experimental packages in http://incoming.debian.org/

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Debian experimental packages in http://incoming.debian.org/
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:25:38 -0500

The packages gnats-user and gnats haven't progressed out of the incoming
queue [1]_ just yet.  They were compiled in a testing/unstable
environment, so they should work in a likewise installation.  You can
download them manually and install with dpkg.  Install gnats-user first,
since gnats depends upon it.

REMEMBER, THESE ARE EXPERIMENTAL.  BACK UP YOUR GNATS DATABASE BEFORE
USING.  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. ;-)

There is one catch that I'll have to resolve this weekend; one I forgot
about.  The old gnats package conflicts with the gnats-user package (any
version).  So use the "--force-depends" option for dpkg when installing
the new packages.  AGAIN, BACK UP YOUR DATABASE. ;-)

.. [1] http://incoming.debian.org

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/