Re: Gnats on localhost

From: Aidan Delaney
Subject: Re: Gnats on localhost
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:42:36 +0000

Mel,
Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I don't have to run gnatsd in order to have send-pr etc... manipulate my local gnats database. I will be using your tip about $MAIL_AGENT

The gnats server sends email associated with various PR activity.
A quick way to disable this is to edit the 'mail-agent'
script in the <installdir>/libexec/gnats directory, and replace
the line 'exec $MAIL_AGENT $@ > /dev/null' with something benign,
such as 'exec /bin/sh -c 'umask 0; cat > /dev/null'.

It is a credit to the gnats developers that a lowly hacker (like me) can find the gnats-adm and the rest of my local database to be self- documenting. I have been using gnats for about 4 days now and find it invaluable. Please keep up your fantastic work

gnats + arch + emacs = pure joy :)

--
Thank you,
Aidan Delaney.