Re: email follow up to GNATS PRs

From: Elena
Subject: Re: email follow up to GNATS PRs
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:58:35 -0500

Hans-Albert,

Thank you so much for detailed description. I must apologize - as I have found
the root of the problem - but failed to report it back to the list.

At one point I was looking for a way to allow for a text to be added to the
audit-trail manually (append) and I have followed an example - which suggest to
add "Add-to-Audit-Trail" parameter in dbconfig - and also entailed setting
"Audit-Trail" parameter to "read-only"

When I removed "Add-to-Audit-Trail"  parameter (no longer needed) I forgot to
remove "read-only" from the "Audit-Trail". This what have caused the behavior I
described.

Not sure - whether it is a bug - or desired behavior - but I though it was a
little odd. If it was truly read-only - I would of not expected to have
"on-change" entries getting appended to audit-trail - and they did. Not sure
what "read-only" really means for this parameter - whether it read-only for
"user" or "internal system" etc... but ever since I have removed it -
everything seem to be working just fine.

Thanks again for your help!

P.S. I have compiled Gnats - running Linux Red Hat 6.2 with 2.4.18 kernel

-elena