Problem in setting up multiple databases

From: Sudha Mudhavalapu
Subject: Problem in setting up multiple databases
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:02:22 +0530

Hi,
        Mentioned below are the steps that I have followed.Please let me
know where I went wrong.If its not understandable please mail back and
example with the contents of the files and the steps followed so that I
can set up multiple databases

1.Created the base directory for the new database, say
`/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm', (owned by the GNATS user)

2.Copied all files from `gnats-db/gnats-adm' to
'/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm/gnats-adm', and edited them to
reflect the needs of new database. (owned by the gnats user) There is a
category named pending.

3.As the GNATS user, ran `mkcat
--directory=/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm'' to
create the directories for the categories. Remove the files `current'
and `index', that exist. Run the program gen-index to create the index
file
created a 'current' file by
echo 1 > current

4.Now added a line for the new database to `/etc/gnats-db.conf', like
this:
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm:BROADCOM

5.Added the cronjob to the file .mycron present in gnats home directory.
ran crontab .mycron

7.Added aliases for the new database and ran
newaliases the contents of aliases file are...

#Aliases for broadcom gnats database
broadcom-bugs: "| /etc/smrsh/queue-pr -q -d
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm"
broadcom-query: "| /etc/smrsh/mail-query -d
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm"

8.The contents of config file present in
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm/gnats-adm are as below...
GNATS_ADDR="broadcom"
GNATS_USER="gnats"
GNATS_ADMIN="gnats-admin"
GNATS_SITE="alpine"
SUBMITTER="alpine"
DEFAULT_RELEASE="broadcom-1.0"
DEFAULT_ORGANIZATION="alpine"
NOTIFY=1
ACKNOWLEDGE=1
DEFAULT_SUBMITTER="sganesh"
KEEP_RECEIVED_HEADERS=1
BDAY_START=8
BDAY_END=17
BWEEK_START=1
BWEEK_END=5
DEBUG_MODE=1

After this I logged in to gnats new database using gnatsweb.Created a PR
nothing seemed to get created in the database for that category.

Thanks,
Sudha.