Re: patch to display new PR number for new submissions

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: Re: patch to display new PR number for new submissions
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:14:42 -0800

On 02/03/2003 12:49 PM, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
At 12:42 03.02.2003 -0800, Mel Hatzis wrote:

I'm in favour of rolling out 4.0 pretty soon....if you think putting
this patch on a 4.1 branch would help this endevour, I'd suggest
you do just that.

I agree strongly. I have a few small but potentially high-risk changes for Gnatsweb queued up that I don't want to apply to 4.0, so I'd like version 4.0 of both GNATS and Gnatsweb to be out of the door before I branch for version 4.1 of Gnatsweb.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

While we're on the topic of a 4.1 branch, I'd like to know if there's
any interest in supporting alternative backend datastores for Gnats.

I've been working on this for a couple of months now, and have made
some progress....the work has involved creating a datastore API
based on the current 'flat-file' code, moving the index into the
flat-file datastore and some configure related modifications to
support building Gnats against different datastore options. I've
also added an option to run Gnats in long-running-daemon mode,
to support things like database connection pools.

If there's interest, I'll submit the changes I have thus far for
review, and perhaps they can be rolled into the 4.1 development
effort. I've done a great deal of testing of the 'flat-file'
datastore implementation, based entirely on the existing Gnats code,
and it holds up well.

--
Mel Hatzis