Gnats Linux installation

From: Uma R
Subject: Gnats Linux installation
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:05:28 -0700

Hi,
  I have installed gnats in Linux and facing some problems,
   1. I don't know how to start the gnats daemon (xinetd.d is a directory
and there i have created a file called gnatsd but I am not aware of how this
xinetd daemon starts)
   2. Because of this I am getting problems with sending emails which fails
and gets spooled into the /var/spool dir. The failure notice which's dumped
with the mail says, the bugs.log file can't be created, queue-pr service is
unavailable etc and i feel its becoz of the absence of gnats daemon.
   could anyone give me the answer or solution for this. I am struggling
with the installation for the past 3 weeks and nothing has been done
concrete.

Also the firewall setting of my machine is high and its not allowing me to
change it even when i run setup as a root. Please do gimme some good
suggestion on this.

-Thanks,
Uma

"Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison