Re: send-pr in Gnats 4

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: send-pr in Gnats 4
Date: 08 Apr 2001 19:54:38 +0200

    YS> I am finishing up a preliminary installation how-to for Gnats 4.

Great, thanks!

    YS> However, send-pr seems to be unable to work in a multiple
    YS> database environment when configured to talk directly to gnatsd,
    YS> since it has no options to select a database and does not issue
    YS> a CHDB after connecting to gnatsd. This renders it unusable for
    YS> sites that have multiple databases or that have changed the
    YS> default database name.

I don't think send-pr communicates with gnatsd directly--it either sends
an e-mail or uses pr-edit.  However it seems to be true it can't
communicate to multiple databases.  OK, one big task for GNATS 4--bring
send-pr and its documentation to a good state.

    YS> The Emacs interface is also unable to work with multiple
    YS> databases.

This is not true.  There is a variable `gnats-database' there,
containing the name of the database to use.

Milan Zamazal

--
http://www.zamazal.org