Problem with installation on Solaris 2.6: client.c does not compile

From: T . Kleymann
Subject: Problem with installation on Solaris 2.6: client.c does not compile
Date: 02 Nov 2000 09:20 GMT

Hi,

I would like to install GNATS on a Solaris 2.6 system. I have
downloaded GNATS 3.113 and am attempting to compile it with GCC 2.95.2. The
'make
all' process is happily working for some time, but then chokes on
client.c:

/usr/local/bin/gcc -c -I. -I. -I./../include  -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
client.c
client.c: In function `client_init':
client.c:390: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
client.c:396: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
client.c:402: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
client.c:407: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `client.o'
Current working directory /export/home/gnats/import/gnats-3.113/gnats
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-gnats'

Any suggestions?

--Thomas