Re: Problems with GNATS

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: Problems with GNATS
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:03:56 -0400

I have a machine which acts as my mailhost.  It also acts as the
internal webhost.  I have a seperate machine gnatshost.  I have gnatsweb
set up on the mailhost/webhost.  It points to and gets stuff from
gnatshost.  At least queries.  I am nost sure about new entires that are
created.

So the /etc/aliases file that needs to be setup cirrectly is the one on
my mailhost/webhost or the one on my gnatshost ?  I currently have it
setup correctly on my gnatshost.  Is there a way for Gnatsweb to use
gnatshost as the mail system ?  Currently all systems are setup to relay
mail to the mailhost.  On the mailhost, I have /etc/aliases setup to
forward to the gnatshost like so:

    gnats:  address@hidden

But I do not seem to be seeing anything on gnatshost.  The /etc/aliases
entries on gnatshost are of the form:

    gnats:  /path/to/query-pr -d /psth/to/database -q

I might have made syntax errors above, but they are correct in the real
file.  I am just doing this off the top of my head.

Should I be doing anything at all with /etc/aliases on mailhost ?  Or
just on gnatshost ?  Or on both systems, like I am doing now ?

For the existing PRs in that we already have in GNATS,  I get no
notifications whatsoever (I am the gnats-admin and gnats-admin is setup
to be the responsible person at all levels, at least while we are
testing GNATS out).  I have DEBUG mode enabled,  NOTIFICATION is
enabled.  Is there a cron job or something I need to run ?  And how does
GNATS generate a new index automagically ?  According to the
documentation I should not have to touch gnats-admin/index or
gnats-admin/current.

thanks,

   mehul