Development of gnatsweb

From: woc
Subject: Development of gnatsweb
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:53:44 +0100 (WET DST)

[please reply to this letter to address@hidden

Dear gnats developers,

as I've gotten the impression that the gnatsweb developers are quite tired of
working with their program, I turn to this list instead.

First, gnats seems to be a really nice program, easy to use and to configure to
fit your needs. If only it was easier to set up...

Well, three things concerning gnatsweb:

1. Is really $display_user_info used? In that case, I can't find that it is set
when calling page_heading except for one time, and it isn't properly forwarded
to the site_callback function either. Probably it should be removed.

2. Site-callback is supported only for the start, heading, footer and ending
parts of the page. It'd be nice to let the user have a hand at the actual pages
too, I see why maybe they shouldn't have, but will it be implemented?

3. I know about the "we shouldn't have pictures in gnatsweb - since then it
won't be portable", although I don't agree. Right now I'm setting up a gnatsweb
service for SKF (www.skf.com) and maybe you'd be interested in seeing how I'm
getting it to look. Are you interested in having some of this implemented in
gnatsweb? For example, I think it'd be handy to have access to all the
different
pages in the heading of every page.

Thanks for now.

/Carl-Johan Sveningsson