help-gnat

gnat gnats-4.0.1 - no Email Reply to sender

From: r.wong
Subject: gnat gnats-4.0.1 - no Email Reply to sender
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:51:25 -0800

Hi,

I am new to gnats. Insalled gnats-4.0.1 and gnatsweb 4.0 in its default
directories, on redhat linux 9.0 kernel 2.4.20-31.9.

I follow the instructions
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/doc/4_0_beta_snapshot/index.html very
carefully and evething is running accordingly.  however, i am not able to
receive an acknwledge email with a ticket number, see below, when i try to
send an email to address@hidden from the gnats shell server or  an
email client from the outside world, to address@hidden

On my /usr/local/com/gnatsdb/gnats-adm/dbconfig i have this set:

# Send the PR submitter an acknowledgement for a newly-submitted PR;
    # the format of the message is the "mail-format" query format.
    send-submitter-ack true

Here is the strange part:

when i log into gnatweb and create a PR, type in the reporters email
address, either locally or any other email address, these email addresses
gets a response from GNATs. see below.
"
Thank you very much for your problem report.
It has the internal identification `support/2144'.
The individual assigned to look at your
report is: support-group.

>Category:       support
>Responsible:    support-group
>Synopsis:       aaaa
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Feb 01 12:28:23 -0800 2005
"

i search through the archive and search engines and am not able to find an
answer to this strange behavior...

is there something i need to tweak, or do to make this work.. I would
greatly appreciate any help.

thank you for your time and assistance !

Regards,

R.Wong