[Help-glpk] cnf-sat solver interface

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] cnf-sat solver interface
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:04:31 +0300

> > I wouldn't like to include a C++ code in glpk. It seems to me that a
> > better way would be to add an API routine that allows to set up an
> > user-provided CNF-SAT solver (which is, for example, minisat by
> > default).
>
> My plan is to link with the library that provides a C interface.
> However, when I looked at it a few months ago, the semantics of the
> interface looked a bit different to those of the current code so this
> was not so easy to test quickly.

CNF-SAT is a very important class of combinatorial problems, so maybe it
would be reasonable to include in glpk a program object, say, glp_cnf,
available on api level, and use it as an interface to CNF-SAT solvers.
Another way is to use glp_graph, since CNF-SAT can be represented as a
bipartite graph.