Re: [Help-glpk] Patches to improve pseudocost initialisatiion speed

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patches to improve pseudocost initialisatiion speed
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 12:52:32 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> I'm starting to make changes according to some of your patches. I think
> it will take a time, in particular, because the dual simplex driver
> routine should be revised, rewritten, and tested more carefully.

I have a draft patch that introduces an internal API for keeping the
dual simplex state between calls and adjusting it for new bounds. It
works fine and speeds up pseudocost initialisation for all
configurations of the solver (i.e. combinations of USE_AT, EXCL and
SHIFT). However, I'm not happy with the API design, so I don't
consider it ready for submission. If you think it may be helpful, I
will send it.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis