[Help-glpk] Patches for simplex routines

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: [Help-glpk] Patches for simplex routines
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 02:17:34 +0200

Andrew,

I'm attaching two patches for the simplex routines.

The first one is just your idea [1] for restoring the objective limit
check in dual simplex when perturbation is enabled, which considerably
improves branch and bound performance. This is just to make sure it is
not forgotten.

The second patch changes two asserts into errors (one in primal and
one in dual). I managed to trigger the second one, but I'm changing
the first one just in case.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis

PS. In addition to the patch [2] you mentioned a few days ago, in May
I sent another patch as well [3] for an mps reading bug.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2016-04/msg00006.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glpk/2016-05/msg00006.html
[3] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glpk/2016-05/msg00001.html