[Help-glpk] MILP and CP

From: Luiz Bettoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] MILP and CP
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:48:54 -0300

Hi, All!

I'm starting to research some bindings between MILP and CP (Constraint Programming, also know as CLP - Constraint Logic Programming). Here at UTFPR are some people here working on CPLEX with CLPEX CP, but I really wanna to take another approach and contribute to open source community.

Our first goal is make some parallel solver strategy, sharing incumbent solutions between MILP and CP instances of same problems. But we're starting, and also considering go further and use some CP heuristics to interfere on B&B process (maybe generating cuts or feeding solutions).

So, if I may ask, someone here have started or ever considered something like this? Or others MILP-CLP approaches?

Andrew, in other way: you have ever considered (or someone suggested or asked for) add some CP syntax to GMPL? Like implications os allDiferent constraints? Ok, it will extrapolate AMPL, but can it be considered?

Sorry if it sounds confuse, we're starting on this, and the brainstorming on fire =)

Thanks!!!

Luiz Bettoni