Re: [Help-glpk] Name assignments to a large number of variables

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Name assignments to a large number of variables
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:30:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015, john tass wrote:

I do not care whether the problem is going to be solved in a reasonable
amount of time or not. I can wait for a long time. The only thing I do care
is to get an answer to my question. So, if you can help me I would
appreciate it.

The unreasonable time referenced is not a year or even a century.
More likely it's a large multiple of the age of the universe.

That said, you have other problems before you get that far.
An algorithm to name your variables uses pretty much the same kind
of logic required to get them into a solver in the first place.
If you cannot do that, you will have a hard time entering your problem.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical