[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Binary variables act like float]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Binary variables act like float]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 20:08:55 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Laguna Loire <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Binary variables act like float
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:31:40 +0100

Dear GLPK developers,

I'm a student from Roma Tre University and I'm working on a project
using your glpk-java library. I'm having trouble with binary variables
acting like float. I found someone who had my same problem at this
link:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glpk/2013-07/msg00012.html

I've tried to do as Makhorin said using:

parm = new glp_smcp();
        GLPK.glp_init_smcp(parm);
        ret = GLPK.glp_simplex(mip, parm);

        GLPK.get_intopt(mip,null);

and glp_mip_col_val instead of glp_get_col_prim.

The problem is that if I use get_intopt my pc tries to find an heuristic
solution (it says something like that) but it does not find it. It goes
on calculating, and I'm working with 20 rows and 100 binary col, do I
have to wait for more than 10 minutes?
Anyway I don't need an integer solution so I removed glp_intopt but if I
do this, all the col in my solution are zero, so I'm stuck. What am I
doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Marco Nanni