Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: jar files and libglpk.so]

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: jar files and libglpk.so]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:21:38 +0200

Dear Mr. Campos,

the error you see indicates that some old version of the GLPK for Java or the GLPK library was loaded which does not contain method new_glp_cpxcp.

Could it be that at some time you installed an elder version of GLPK e.g. by calling
sudo apt-get install libglpk-java
and removed the *.so files you compiled from /usr/local/lib?

If you want to load
libglpk-java.so
from a nonstandard location you have to indicate this location by setting java.library.path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
See http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

If you want to load
libglpk.so from a nonstandard location you either have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or use
./configure --enable-libpath
and afterwards use java.library.path to indicate the path to search.

You can find a screenshot at
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Java#Usage_with_Eclipse
which shows how to set java.library.path in an Eclipse project (project property "Native library location").

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt